20081117

an adventure

whoa.

I'm finally back from camp, but I think I gained weight instead of losing weight like I did for the Rakan Muda camp. HALT! you guys must be going 'what camp?' now. Cause I didn't mentioned anything about camps for the previous few posts. well, I just attended a 3D2N FGA CYC New Generation Youth Camp. whoa. what a long name.

the accomodation:
were okay.cause the tilam was the exact same as the tilam I have at home. Nylon-filled-sink-in-when-sat-on-too-long tilam. plus, we have 4 toilets. :D and air-cond! wheeee~

the food:
can't be deniededly superb. Seriously! (:

the people:
OH! God bless them. except for that kid that kept on squeezing me towards Jen Ai on the second day's service.

kidding lah.

the weirdest thing of all is that I met Ryan Tan Tze Tzun. my cousin who speaks mainly English and Hokkien in a Chinese-speaking camp. which thinks that kong long is dragon. and guess what? Marie that use to live somewhere along my row of houses there is neighbour to my cousin which invited him of course. small small world.

another weird thing is that I met ah Kua's friend - xiao ling. yes, the ah Kua from 6B class (to ex-6B people who so coincidentally is reading) . and also another ah Kua's friend - Wei Jian - that I still can't believe is only Form 3, he looks so .. like a graduate.

another thing, I got to know a whole bunch of not-so-crazy people that are just rightly cool. awesome. (: for example,
mark ong ka sing, mei qi, wei le, sook ping, kok tim (yvonne's cousin brother), wei jian, tian xiang, san san, xiao ling, ah Ken, kah yan, yvonne's cousin brother no. 2, yvonne's cousin brother no. 3 and yvonne's cousin sister - hahah! I just didn't got to know their names. you can't blame me!

and people that I knew earlier, we got closer and became a big giant crazy cool undignified-for-God family. really glad that most of the people I knew that went came to the Lord. that just proves that God is real and Jesus is alive! YEAHOOO~

AND the chairman is so totally omg-ingly lame.

the services:
was oh so awesome. you could feel it right to your bones the presence of the Lord. although the praise & worship songs seems to repeat itself over the past few days, that's what make it great! I mean, after 2 times singing the songs you don't have to refer to the lyrics anymore. :D and we had a great shouting session all through Praise session. great fun.

the first message presented was all blur to me because I was so tired that I kept dozing off and also because I was annoyed by the selfish little fat bratty kid next to me that kept on putting his leg on top of mine like my leg was some kind of a footstool. okay, shall not let that spoil my mood.

but the second message was okay. :D because I didn't doze off. bahaha.

the games?
OMG. I haven't had such aching muscles before in my life. night challenge games was fun, really it was so fun that well, it was fun! btw, I have a secret to tell, that night was my record breaking night. because I officially didn't bathed for 48 hours+ ; I bet none of you all noticed! HAHAH. well, now you know.anyway, the river probably washed away most of my dirt and stuff. yeah! we completely nailed the river game. there's only one task that I so so so so remember because it was the only one except for the river game that I contributed some efforts to - the walking across a mud + shit filled swamp via two ropes.

the day challenge games were HAHAHA. we so totally rocked at human juicer. :D uhm, we had to like chew on tomatoes and spit the juice into a bottle. our group - heart 8 - had the highest level of juice. guess why?

ice-breakers were a total knock-off too. we were completely victorious in tug-o-war, completely useless in 'lat lat sao si' and an average team in the use teeth to peel off sugar cane skin + peel off coconut skin game this morning.

yesterday night we stayed up till 3 to play unofficial games in the canteen, and that was my first time seeing qing foong not quiet. and it struck me that 'wow, he can talk!'. so irony to what Ryan (SE member) said last time. there's where I got to meet so many new people that were crazy. oh yeah, wei jian is so, so vain.

overall:
it was so friggin crazily fun. our group slogan is so weird that I have no comments on it but just in case you're interested, here it's how it goes:

wo men shi, HEART 8!
wo rang ni men, HEART 8 (ache)!
ji de wo men, HEART 8!
heart 8 we are, CHAMPIONS!
heart 8 we are, CHAMPIONS!
*the lion sleeps tonight tune*
we are heart 8,
we let you heart 8(ache),
a wee bam bam ba bwe~
*continuous shouts*

I only have two complaints to make (apart from the bratty annoying kid), first is that they spelled my name as Rebbeca. how can anyone spell Rebecca as Rebbeca? I mean -- Reb-beca. riiiiiiight. it's suppose to be a name?

the second thing is some people there present use whistles instead of shouting with their own voice box. and whistles not the use mouth shape into an o and blow air out whistle. it's the plastic whistle that goes onto such a high pitch a sound when air is blewn through it. it probably tore my ear-drum into a million pieces. I'm glad I had enough protein to gulped in throughout camp.

we won the overall by the way. and I got a cute little music ferris wheel photo frame.
heart 14 - cui boon's group (ah beh, kah yan, ming ming, jun fai, shee ping -- all there) got 1st runner up.
heart 12 - xin hui's group (ryan my cousin, Marie, wei jian, xiao ling, tian xiang -- etc.) got 2nd runner up.

lalala~ all the awards went to heart-zone. move-zone and voice-zone got no solid presents. HEHEHEHE. I'm happy btw. OH! YES. I FORGOT . I saw KKK there also. D: see? told you it's a small world.

pictures are with everyone else except for me. HAHAH. but the video should be out on youtube a short while after this. so stay tuned! come visit my blog as often and click on the YouthSays button! oooh! thank you, Sue Yin for joining. :D

Rebecca.
a memory to remember - I AM FREE! because who the Son sets free is free indeed.

No comments: